Italy, March – April 2017 photos
Here are our Italy photos. A truly amazing country with so many picture opportunities. This album captures our travels through Italy including
- Florence – Our base in Italy for a month. Outstanding architecture, people, art and culture. This place was definitely a great central point.
- Rome – We only really made a short half day visit to Rome. I know, not long enough. We’ll spend some more time here on the next time around!
- Venice – We had a full day in Venice and was well worth the trip to go and see. Strolling around the streets there is a certain graceful atmosphere that comes over you. Certainly quite spectacular with interlinking canals and old world buildings.
- Pisa – From a tourist’s perspective, Pisa seems to revolve around its big draw card, the Leaning Tower of Pisa. But certainly, this is a site to see.
- Lucca – A smaller town in the Tuscany region quite a number of bell towers to climb up and view the surrounds.
- Cinque Terre – A set of five (cinque) terraced towns along the seaside in the Liguria region. This is just to the north of Tuscany. Colourful buildings built on the hill face it has a certain magical charm.
- San Gimignano – A small medieval town near Siena. Well worth the visit.
- Siena – A larger city and the heart of the region. Siena Cathedral and thePiazza del Campo was quite impressive.
- Monteriggioni – Medieval hilltop castle.
Click (or tap) below for a large view browse of the “Italy photos” album. Also, to view our other travel destinations, see the Photos section.